The #1 question our BizSugar Mastermind members ask is how to promote a local business. So to kick off our new BizSugar Live webinar series, we’ll start with a big picture overview of how to promote a local business.
Small businesses are facing unique challenges not seen before. They need to be proactive and able to pivot as needed in order to survive.
Those businesses that were not already operating comprehensively online need to do so now. But that is very complicated, and requires the ability to prioritize activities by potential value to the bottom line.
Watch the video with Branding Manager Ann Smarty of Viral Content Bee and Internet Marketing Ninjas and Gail Gardner, BizSugar Mastermind Community Manager and Small Business Marketing Strategist Founder of GrowMap.
If you prefer, you can view a copy of the presentation Ann used here.
You can see the Trello board mentioned in the video here. Click the 3 dots “show menu” option. You should be able to use “copy board” to make your own copy.
Note that before you copy it, have or create an organization to put it in. To do that, click the
“+” in the top right and choose “Create Team”.
If you have difficulty doing that, tag me in the Mastermind Community or leave a comment here and I’ll be happy to assist.
What to Focus on First
During the webinar, we will discuss how to prioritize your actions. What you need to work on next depends on how far along your business already is in promoting both online and off.
- Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business listing is the most important task you can do.
- Have you built a website? You need somewhere to send people that makes it clear what you have to offer them and why your business is unique.
- Understanding the importance of getting your business listed in databases that feed mobile content and online directories.
- Choosing one username and claiming it across all major social networks.
- Researching important sites to have visibility on for your individual niche.
These are only a few examples of the many topics we’ll be covering in this week’s live event, so please join us.
Have questions you would like us to answer? Leave them in the comments.
Upcoming BizSugar Live Events 2nd and 4th Wednesdays Noon CT
We hope you will join us for our series of BizSugar Live events. Join us on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month where we will go into detail on how you can promote your small business.
Here is our current tentative schedule:
- 4/14/21 Local SEO Ranking Factors with Darren Shaw of Whitespark
- 4/28/21 Google My Business: claiming, optimization and engagement with Ben Fisher
- 5/12/21 SEO Basics for Online Small Businesses with Darren DeMatas of OrbitLocal
- 5/26/21 Content Marketing for Small Businesses with Shawn Hessinger
- 6/9/21 Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses with Monique Johnson
- 6/23/21 H.A.R.O. Tips / Dealing with Publicists for Brands with Alex Yong
- 7/14/21 Demystifying Google Ads: PPC Fundamentals for Small Businesses with Lior Krolewicz
- 7/28/21 Turning your expertise into a product to promote via email with Ivana Taylor