How many small businesses believe that Local SEO is simply getting listed in Google My Business? Many believe that their company will then be easily found on Google Maps.
But the reality is that there is much more to Local SEO. Unless your business is in a very small town with little competition, there is more to do.
We are fortunate to have Darren Shaw, Founder / President of Whitespark, to share his expertise in our second BizSugar Live Webinar.
Darren explained Local Ranking Factors. And he will share the results of the Whitespark Local Search Ranking Factors survey. The image below summarizes this study.
If you’re not quite sure what all of this even means, you’ll definitely want to watch the replay of this webinar!
Notice that incoming links still matter for Local SEO. But incoming links used in Local SEO are often referred to as local citations.
It is necessary to correctly acquire local citations in order to be visible in Google My Business and other local listings:
“A local citation is any mention of your business on the web; it is any combination of your company name, phone number, address, zip or postal code, and website address. Citations in SEO are a key factor in improving your local search results.” ~ Darren Shaw, Whitespark
Darren is the perfect person to answer all your questions about how to get citations for your business. His business, Whitespark, specializes in:
- Local Citation building, auditing and clean-up
- Google My Business management
- Local SEO
- Submitting your business to data aggregators
In our first BizSugar Live Webinar, Ann Smarty of Viral Content Buzz and Internet Marketing Ninjas shared an overview of How to Promote a Local Business.
You may wish to review the video of that webinar because it included an overview of these topics.
But you do not need to see that information to benefit from watching the replay of this webinar.
Upcoming BizSugar Live Events 2nd and 4th Wednesdays Noon CT
We invite you to join us for our series of BizSugar Live events. They take place on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Each one expands on ways you can promote your small business.
Here is a schedule of our upcoming live events:
- 4/14/21 Local SEO Ranking Factors with Darren Shaw of Whitespark
- 4/28/21 Google My Business: claiming, optimization and engagement with Ben Fisher
- 5/12/21 SEO Basics for Online Small Businesses with Darren DeMatas of OrbitLocal
- 5/26/21 Content Marketing for Small Businesses with Shawn Hessinger
- 6/9/21 Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses with Monique Johnson
- 6/23/21 H.A.R.O. Tips / Dealing with Publicists for Brands with Alex Yong
- 7/14/21 Demystifying Google Ads: PPC Fundamentals for Small Businesses with Lior Krolewicz
- 7/28/21 Turning your expertise into a product to promote via email with Ivana Taylor
We look forward to seeing you at our BizSugar Live Webinars.