Fresh on the heels of last week’s announcement of Wayne Liew being appointed Moderator, we’re super excited to add another moderator to the BizSugar crew. (Hey, we get a spiffy new design and a software upgrade, and we’re on a moderator tear!)
John Sternal of Understanding Marketing joins us today as a Moderator. His role, like the other moderators, is to make sure the site is kept plum full with a wide variety of content from many small business sites. He’ll also work to keep it a happenin’ fun place here at BizSugar … and a great resource for everyone.
We’ve run into John in several places around the Web. One of the places he’s known for is the Tuesday night tweet chats on Twitter for small businesses, at #smbiz. We’ve participated in a number of the chats and got to know him through those. So when we kept bumping into him here at BizSugar, it just seemed natural to recruit him as a moderator. Luckily for us, he said “yes.”
John has been a member of BizSugar for about six months. He’s had 27 stories published to the home page — nice going, John!
I asked John to tell us a little about himself, in his own words. Here is what he said:
- As a 15-year veteran of public relations I’ve been able to work with companies in nearly every industry as well as large corporations, small business and even entrepreneurial start-ups.
- I’ve developed communication strategy for companies and served as the spokesperson for several companies and organizations.
- I love to find creative ways to get small companies and unheard-of products into the news.
- In addition to doing freelance PR, I’m the co-founder of UnderstandingMarketing.com, a Web resource that offers tips and advice that help small business owners do their own marketing and PR campaigns.
- I’m also the co-founder of the #smbiz Twitter chats. Held each Tuesday from 8-9 pm ET, #smbiz helps small business owners and entrepreneurs network and receive advice on a variety of issues faced in running a small business.
Please welcome John warmly. “Sweet!”